- Practice basic math facts.
- Read for fluency.
- Practice identifying and writing word wall words.
Second Quarter Focus:
Shared Reading: Students will read and comprehend a variety of fiction texts, including fables, folktales, and poetry, to analyze the key ideas and details, and to integrate implicit and explicit knowledge.
- I can ask and answer the 5 W and 1 H questions (Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How) to demonstrate understanding of key details in the text.
- I can retell a story by explaining what happened first, next, and last.
- I can describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
- I can determine the moral (or lesson) of a fable.
Words to know: fable, moral/lesson, challenge
Writing: Students will use the writing process to construct a personal narrative by including a topic sentences, supporting details, and a closing sentence.
- I can use sensory details (5 senses) when describing my actions, thoughts, and feelings.
- I can use linking words to signal event order.
- I can use complete sentences when I write.